Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Five (flipping)

It's the second Friday of November. That means it's NaNoWriMo time and I'm frantically writing every day.

As I explained a couple of weeks ago, my long-running weekly round up of all the links I thought worth sharing has been retired, replaced by this, my Friday Five. Only the top five (IMHO) stories of the week and five videos and a recap of my posts.

Stories of the Week:


No Matter How You Measure Them, Mass Shooting Deaths Are Up.

At Indigenous Comic Con, Native American geeks have a con to call their own.

Hating Comic Sans Is Ableist. I understand what the author is trying to say: a lot of dyslexic people find Comic Sans' irregularities helpful for reading. But the fant is ugly and poorly designed. I reserve the right to dislike poorly designed things, sorry. And everyone else is allowed to disagree. Doesn't make any of us any -ist...

America Is Not a ‘Center-Right Nation’.

This fungus has 20,000 genders and can mate with almost every individual in its species just by bumping into them.

In Memoriam:


I will continue to share links to obituaries of people I think ought to be remembered, and they won't count against the Five.

Dick Gordon, NASA Astronaut and Apollo 12 Pilot, Dead at 88: Retired space flyer was one of only two dozen people ever to have journeyed to the moon.

Astronaut Richard Gordon, who circled the moon on Apollo 12, dies at 88.

Things I wrote:


The closet is a toxic place, and anything toxic can be weaponized.

It isn’t unfathomable at all!

Videos!


Close the Boyfriend Loophole | November 1, 2017 Act 2 | Full Frontal on TBS:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)


Danica Roem On Historic Victory: Inclusion And Equality Won:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)



Democrats Get Their First Big Electoral Wins of the Trump Era: A Closer Look:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)


The 'Stranger Things' Kids Were Nearly a Motown Super Group:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)


Pussy Riot - Police State:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment