Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday Five (scientific serendipity)

It's the first Friday of November. That means it's NaNoWriMo time and I'm frantically writing every day.

As I mentioned last week, my long-running weekly round up of all the links I thought worth sharing has been retired, replaced by this, my Friday Five. Only the top five (IMHO) stories of the week and five videos and a recap of my posts.

Stories of the Week:


'Scientific Serendipity' Spurs Discovery of New Orangutan Species.

Twitter Suspended Me for Trolling White Supremacists.

‘Kids are gross’: on feminists and agency.

'Higgs Bison' Is The Missing Link In European Bison Ancestral Tree.

Arizona court: Religious beliefs don’t justify refusing calligraphy to same-sex couples .

In Memoriam:


I will continue to share links to obituaries of people I think ought to be remembered, and they won't count against the Five.

Yvonne Burney, SOE agent and concentration camp survivor – obituary

Jane Juska, author of best-selling memoir, ‘A Round-Heeled Woman: My Late-Life Adventures in Sex and Romance’, dies at 84.

Things I wrote:


For the birds.

It’s the second most wonderful time of the year!

NaNoWriMo 2017: there will be sentences, so many sentences….

Don’t let anyone go hungry.

You’re a storyteller, so tell me a story….

Videos!


And here are five videos for you Friday:

Jake Shears - Creep City (Official Audio):



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)


Fan-made Trailer Gives Arrowverse a Bang, Pow-tastic '66-Style Intro:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)


Black Panther is Coming to America:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)


THOR RAGNAROK Final Trailer (Marvel 2017):



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)


PHILLIP K. DICK'S ELECTRIC DREAMS Official Trailer (HD) Amazon Exclusive Series:



(If embedding doesn't work, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment